Havana, November 14 (RHC)-- A trial run for the election of delegates to Municipal Assemblies of Peoples Power will take place this Sunday, November 19th. Voting to elect delegates to the Municipal Assemblies of Peoples Power will be held on the 26th of the month.
During the trial run, all procedures and mechanisms will be activated to ensure their proper functioning and avoid any problems on Election Day.
Speaking with the daily newspaper Granma, Tomás Amarán Díaz, Vice President of the National Electoral Commission (CEN), summarized the trial run as a comprehensive test. Activities will begin at 7:00 a.m. Sunday morning with the opening of more than 24,300 polling stations across the country.
Sunday's tests will include an examination of all means of communications, which include telephone land lines and cell phones, as well as alternatives in remote areas. Conditions at polling stations are to be checked, including lighting, technical equipment, the availability of materials, and other resources.
A report will then be sent to the CEN, to test the transmission of information. The trial run will conclude at 12:30 p.m., and election authorities will then immediately address any shortcomings noted.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 2348
- online: 196
- total: 4085071