Brasilia, August 8 (PL-RHC) -- The US/EU sanctions against Russia, which caused Moscow to impose retaliatory trade restrictions, have opened Brazilian doors to sales of meat and grains to that country, said Brazilian Secretary of Agricultural Policy, Seneri Paludo.
In an immediate response to the Russian ban of US/EU produce, the Brazilian government has authorised 90 slaughterhouses to enter the Russian market.
The president of the Brazilian Association of Animal Protein (ABPA), Francisco Turra, said the meat industry is ready to sell their produce to the Russians. So far 20 poultry farms have received permission from Moscow to supply 150,000 additional tons of chicken meat.
Last year Brazil sold 60,000 tons of chicken to Russia, according to the ABPA.
Negotiations are ongoing for increasing the supply of Brazilian milk, wheat and fish products to Russia, a Federal government spokesman said.
- Entre Cubanos 20-01-17
- Postales de América 20-01-17
- Visitaron Cuba en el 2016 más de un centenar de estudiantes de Estados Unidos
- Exposicion Personal de Pedro de Ora Pedro Nacional de Arte en el 2015
- Cuba sede de la Decimo Sexta edicion de Derecho de Contrato
- Postales de América 18-01-17
- Máximo: 19729
- Ayer: 4413
- Hoy: 1073
- En Línea: 137
- Total: 2624706