Brasilia, August 8 (PL-RHC) -- The US/EU sanctions against Russia, which caused Moscow to impose retaliatory trade restrictions, have opened Brazilian doors to sales of meat and grains to that country, said Brazilian Secretary of Agricultural Policy, Seneri Paludo.
In an immediate response to the Russian ban of US/EU produce, the Brazilian government has authorised 90 slaughterhouses to enter the Russian market.
The president of the Brazilian Association of Animal Protein (ABPA), Francisco Turra, said the meat industry is ready to sell their produce to the Russians. So far 20 poultry farms have received permission from Moscow to supply 150,000 additional tons of chicken meat.
Last year Brazil sold 60,000 tons of chicken to Russia, according to the ABPA.
Negotiations are ongoing for increasing the supply of Brazilian milk, wheat and fish products to Russia, a Federal government spokesman said.
- Postales de América 23-02-17
- XVII Cumbre de Paises No Alineados
- 23 Febrero VII aniversario de la constitución de la Celac
- Concurso de Periodismo José Martí y Juan Gualberto Gómez
- 2da Edición del Festival de la Salsa en La Habana
- Década de los 80: inicia en Cuba programa del médico y la enfermera de la familia
- Máximo: 19729
- Ayer: 4459
- Hoy: 2636
- En Línea: 180
- Total: 2775923