Brasilia, August 8 (PL-RHC) -- The US/EU sanctions against Russia, which caused Moscow to impose retaliatory trade restrictions, have opened Brazilian doors to sales of meat and grains to that country, said Brazilian Secretary of Agricultural Policy, Seneri Paludo.
In an immediate response to the Russian ban of US/EU produce, the Brazilian government has authorised 90 slaughterhouses to enter the Russian market.
The president of the Brazilian Association of Animal Protein (ABPA), Francisco Turra, said the meat industry is ready to sell their produce to the Russians. So far 20 poultry farms have received permission from Moscow to supply 150,000 additional tons of chicken meat.
Last year Brazil sold 60,000 tons of chicken to Russia, according to the ABPA.
Negotiations are ongoing for increasing the supply of Brazilian milk, wheat and fish products to Russia, a Federal government spokesman said.
- Postales de America 31-08-16
- Postales de America 30-08-16
- El Secretario de Transporte de Estados Unidos, Anthony Fox, viajará a la Isla el miércoles para recibir en el aeropuerto de Santa Clara
- El Uso de Internet desde Estados Unidos es el Proposito para Fomentar la Subversion Interna en Cuba
- Timoleon Jimenez Ordena el Cese al Fuego y las Hostilidades de Manera definitiva
- Postales de America 29-08-16
- Máximo: 19729
- Ayer: 3702
- Hoy: 3115
- En Línea: 103
- Total: 1969595