Geneva, August 8 (RHC)-- The World Health Organization has declared a record outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus an international public health emergency. Liberia and Sierra Leone have deployed soldiers to blockade hard-hit areas, and Liberia’s foreign minister told the Thomson Reuters Foundation "the health care system is collapsing."
The tiny West African country of Benin has reported two possible Ebola cases but nearly all infections have been in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea, with several in Nigeria.
In the United States, Thomas Frieden, head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said he has activated the agency’s highest level of response, calling the current outbreak is "an unprecedented crisis."
- Postales de America 11-02-16
- Postales de America 10-02-16
- Programa de Viviendas en Santiago de Cuba
- Ministro Cubano de Salud Publica Habla sobre la Fertilidad en el Pais
- Cantante Colombiana Fany Lu y Gente de Zona Aunan Voces
- Entrevista con el Director Cuba Solar
- Máximo: 19729
- Ayer: 591
- Hoy: 43
- En Línea: 8
- Total: 1297068