Geneva, August 8 (RHC)-- The World Health Organization has declared a record outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus an international public health emergency. Liberia and Sierra Leone have deployed soldiers to blockade hard-hit areas, and Liberia’s foreign minister told the Thomson Reuters Foundation "the health care system is collapsing."
The tiny West African country of Benin has reported two possible Ebola cases but nearly all infections have been in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea, with several in Nigeria.
In the United States, Thomas Frieden, head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said he has activated the agency’s highest level of response, calling the current outbreak is "an unprecedented crisis."
- Postales de America 31-05-16
- Homenaje al Heroe Puertorriqueño Juan Rios Rivera en el Instituto Cubano de Amistad con los Pueblos
- Radio Habana Cuba por Dentro Revista Despertar con Cuba
- Postales de America 30-05-16
- Firma Cuba y Galicia Memorando de Entedimiento
- Foro Juridico en la Habana se refiere al Lavado de Dinero
- Máximo: 19729
- Ayer: 4165
- Hoy: 1161
- En Línea: 83
- Total: 1599664